Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

University Advising Center


In order to graduate with a bachelor's degree, you will need to complete the following:

  1. Total units
  2. Major requirements: Consult the catalog or your major advisor.
  3. General Education (51 units minimum), including:  General Education 51 Units. Major Requirements 33-77 Units, Electives 40 Units
    • FOUNDATION (12 units)

      Most degree programs require a minimum of 120 units.

    • BREADTH (27 units)
    • INTEGRATION (9 upper division units)
    • MULTICULTURAL/INTERNATIONAL (3 upper-division units)

    NOTE: Engineering and Liberal Studies majors follow a modified General Education pattern. Students in these majors should consult with their department advisor for specific requirements.

  4. Upper Division Writing Skills (after 60 and before 90 units completed)

    Pass the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE)*, OR
    Pass a "W" course with a grade of C/CR or higher.

    *NOTE: Several majors do not allow the UDWE and instead require a specific "W" course. Be sure to check your major requirements in the General Catalog.

  5. Residence units

    A minumum of 30 units must be taken in residence (meaning, at this campus), with at least 24 upper division, 12 in the major, and 9 in General Education.

  6. A minimum of 40 upper-division units
  7.  GPA of 2.0+ in three areas:

    (1) The major
    (2) All Fresno State coursework
    (3) Total/cumulative units
    (some majors require a "C" or better in every class)

  8. File graduation application during specified filing periods.

Celebrating College Graduates