Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

University Advising Center

Virtual Advisor


In order to graduate, students must complete the following items:

1. Total units (most majors)

  • 2002-2003 to present catalog years 120 units minimum

2. Major requirements : varies by program

3. General Education (51 units*) including:

  • 1999-2000 to present catalog year
  • FOUNDATION (12 units)
  • BREADTH (27 units)
  • INTEGRATION (9 upper division units)
  • MULTICULTURAL/INTERNATIONAL (3 upper division units)

NOTE: Majors in Engineering and Liberal Studies follow a modified General Education pattern. Students in these majors must consult with their faculty advisor for specific requirements.

For 1988-89 through 1998-99 General Education catalog years , please make an appointment with an academic counselor in the University Advising Center to determine eligibility.

4. Upper Division Writing Skills (after 60 and before 90 units completed)

All students must pass the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) OR Pass a "W" course with a grade of C/CR or higher. Here is a PDF document with the current list of "W" courses.  Some programs require a specific "W" course.

Students should contact Testing Services, located in the Family Food Science Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457 for exam dates and registration information.

5. Residence units (30 units total; 24 are upper division, 12 are in the major, and 9 in G.E.)

6. 40 upper division units

7. GPA of 2.0+ in three areas:

  • in the major
  • in all Fresno State coursework
  • total/cumulative units (some majors require a 2.0 in every class)

8. Pay graduation fee at the cashier's window - Joyal Administration South Lobby

9. File graduation application with cashier's receipt attached in the Degree Advising Office (Joyal Administration Building, Room 115) during specific filing periods

Celebrating College Graduates