Campus Advisors Network
Outstanding Advisor Awards
Nominations for the 2020-2021 Outstanding Advisor awards are being accepted until
March 30, 2021 at 5pm. The link to nominate an advisor is below. The winners will
be announced on May 6, 2021.
The Outstanding Advisor Awards are awarded annually to faculty and staff advisors who have demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding academic advising of students. Award recipients will be selected by the Interim Provost and the Interim Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and will receive a $1,000 stipend for professional development.
Any employee at Fresno State who serves as a staff advisor or faculty advisor by providing direct advising to students as part of his or her job duties is eligible for consideration.
Some qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an outstanding faculty or staff advisor include:
- Demonstration of knowledge of overall academic requirements and various resources on campus
- Demonstration of intentional interest in the personal and academic development of students
- Encouraging student engagement in extracurricular or co-curricular activities
- Helping students to develop appropriate educational and/or career goals
- Readily available to students as an advisor and maintains regular follow-up as needed
Faculty, staff, administrators, and current students are eligible to nominate individuals for this award. The nomination process is easy! A minimum of three nominations are needed to be eligible for nomination. At least one nomination must come from a student. No self-nominations will be recognized.
Click here to nominate an advisor.
Outstanding Advisor Award Flyer
CONGRATULATIONS, 2019/2020 OUTSTANDING ADVISOR AWARD RECIPIENTS!
It is a great pleasure to share with you the 2019-2020 Outstanding Advisor Award Recipients!
Dream Success Center
Dr. Dave Goorahoo
Plant Science Department
Dr. Allison Mandaville
TRIO Student Support Services-Disabilities
University Advising Center
Dr. Katy Tarrant
Animal Sciences and Agriculture Education Department
Dr. Rosa Toro