Career Development Center
Building Your Brand at Fresno State
At the Career Development Center, we are here to help you build your brand at Fresno State.
Today's college student has a lot on their plate. Between worrying about financial aid, exams and registering for classes, students do not have a lot of time to research employers, jobs or internships. And with over 5,000 companies in our HireFresnoState database, it can be a bit overwhelming.
Our Employer Relations team works with hundreds of employers every semester to help
them engage our students. Let us help you with building your brand on our campus and
strengthening your Fresno State recruitment strategy.
“A Day With” On-campus Engagement
“A Day With” is a great opportunity to showcase your organization and your career/internship opportunities to hundreds of Fresno State students, faculty and staff. We’ll focus on building your brand throughout our campus as this day will be dedicated solely to your organization. All non-classroom events will be promoted to students who fit what your organization is looking for. What’s included in your day:
- A 1-2 hour tabling session in a high traffic location on our campus
- Up to 4 classroom presentations (can be specific to one or multiple disciplines)
- Networking luncheon
- A 1 hour information session
- Afternoon/evening networking session for you and your team to collect resumes and share information with students
* Fees are associated with this event. Activities listed above are subject to change.
Individual Engagement Opportunities
The Career Development Center can work with your organization to connect you with faculty and student organizations/clubs to be a guest presenter. Duration of presentation time will vary.
- All presentation approvals are at the discretion of the faculty member or organization/club
2. On-Campus Interviews
- Reserve interview room(s) through your HireFresnoState account (Limit 2 rooms per visit)
- Our office will book a location on campus for you to host interviews
- Beverages and snacks will be provided for recruiters
- Your recruitment team will receive a welcome packet upon arrival and will be greeted
by our friendly staff to ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible
3. Career Fairs
Fall 2019 Career & Internship Fair
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Registration will open July 2019
Spring 2020 Career and Internship Fair, Recruit the 99
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Registration will open November 2019
Become a Career Fair Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor [$3500]:
Registration and reserved table in a prominent location at our spring career & internship fair (1 6ft. table; 2-4 chairs, entrance for up to 4 recruiter). Platinum Registration and reserved table in a prominent location during one of our career fair events; Sponsor acknowledgment on all program handouts, selected advertisements, and event-specific web pages. Sponsor acknowledgment throughout the event via social media. Excellent choice to increase student engagement and your organization's visibility for this event and campus-wide!
Gold Sponsor [$1750]:
Registration and a reserved table in a prominent location at a career and internship fair (1 6ft. table; 2 - 4 chairs, entrance for up to 2 recruiters). Basic registration as a non-sponsor attendee at one of our future career fairs; Sponsor acknowledgment on all program handouts, selected advertisements, and event-specific web pages.
Silver Sponsor [$1000]:
Registration and a reserved table in a prominent location at spring career and internship fair (1 6ft. table; 2 - 4 chairs, entrance for up to 2 recruiters). Sponsor acknowledgment on all program handouts, selected advertisements, and event-specific web pages.
4. Tabling Session
Reserve a table through our reservations office and promote your organization to students who are in between classes. Table location will vary depending on your recruitment needs.
- As a guest on our campus, you can provide information to student about your company,
but are not allowed to collect student information without their consent
5. Information Session
We’ll reserve a conference room or classroom on your behalf. Please indicate if you need a room with AV equipment.
- Take advantage of an opportunity to speak with Fresno State students about your organization and possible job and internship opportunities
- Employers can request to host 1 to 2 hour long info sessions
- Our office will promote your session through faculty, emails and social media
6. Job Postings
HireFresnoState will allow you to register for upcoming career fairs, request to host info sessions, host on-campus interviews and post vacant positions with your organization. This is your one-stop shop to increase engagement with our students.
- Part-time Positions
- Full Time Positions
- Paid/Academic Internships
How to register for HireFresnoState: http://bit.ly/hfs_employer
For more information about setting up one or multiple on-campus engagements, please contact the Employer Relations Specialist, Stephen Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-278-2384.