Cross-Cultural and Gender Center
Finding a connection on campus to help share wisdom, experiences and networking opportunities with can prove invaluable to student success.
Advancing student success through the active usage of effective learning strategies aimed to improve course content understanding and ultimately, course grades. Students who attended our Supplement Instruction (SI) sessions earned nearly a grade higher than those that did not!
Our programs, Tutoring and SI, work together to boldly integrate the diverse academic and personal needs of our students while inspiring a community of lifelong learners.
- Weekly review study sessions which follow the course schedule.
- A collaborative learning environment where students participate with peers from class.
- Active engagement on course content moving students beyond the basics of memorization.
- Students have flexibility to set their own agenda and work at their own pace.
- Specialized attention within a one-on-one and group support system.
- A centralized location of learning with access to online and in-person resources.
Visit fresnostate.edu/lc for more information on services.
Career and Finances
The Career Development Center offers a variety of comprehensive services to all students and alumni including:
- Career readiness and development (resumes, cover letters, mock interviewing, on- and off-campus job and internship search, exploring majors and careers, career assessments, learning ways to gain career-related experience)
- Bringing employers to campus via career and internship fairs, company info sessions, and employer and alumni networking events
- We offer walk-In career services through our Career Cafe weekdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Thomas Administration, Room 103. Stop by to get assistance with your resume, cover letter and job search.
- Free Career Development Center events, including job and internship fairs, as well as help with any career questions!
Visit fresnostate.edu/careers for more information on services.
If you relate to the following questions, then come by the Clothing Closet and our team is happy to assist you!
- Don’t have a suit or professional clothes?
- Not sure how to tie a tie?
- Not sure about your suit size you are?
- How to combine colors to look your best for your interview?
The Clothing Closet provides students with the proper and professional clothing attire needed for an interview, career fair and first jobs with 3 pieces of free professional clothing per year.
- Clothing items include suits, shirts, sweaters, blazers, as well as footwear and accessories, such as ties, scarves, and belts.
- Learn about your suit size, interview and business attire tips Tuesdays and Thursdays 12 to 5 p.m. and Wednesdays 1 to 3 p.m.
Visit the Clothing Closet website or our location within the Career Development Center in Thomas Administration, Room 103 during regular semester hours, weekdays 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Need help with money management?
The Fresno State Money Management Center is here to provide education and innovative financial solutions for all students.
Visit fresnostate.edu/unleashed to access our one-stop-shop for financial wellness and management 24/7.
Take a course, watch a webinar or use many of the available tools including topics on:
- Paying for Higher Education
- Buying/leasing a car
- Credit cards/credit scores/ credit reports
- Identity theft
Also, be in the lookout for live presentations hosted by Wells Fargo on a variety of money management topics through each semester!
Men of Color/Men
Peer MENtorship (Men's Success Initiative)
M.A.P.S Mentoring and Peer Support
Family / Finances
Rainbow Alumni and Allies Club
Guidance / Tutoring
- EOP Peer Mentoring
- Learning Center Rotational Internship Mentoring
- Supplement Instruction