Services for Students with Disabilities
The office of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) offers technology to all students on campus and specific technology for students registered with SSD. More information is provided below on the assistive technology, please contact the SSD office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 559-278-2811 for more information.
The following assistive technology is used at the SSD office:
- Text-to-Speech Software
- Voice Recognition Software
- Magnification Lenses and CCTV's Hardware
- Adaptive Keyboards and Mice
- Other computer inputs/outputs
Assistive Technology equipment is available based on a referral from the Disability Management Specialist and the Assistive Technology Coordinator. If Assistive Technology may help assist with student success, please schedule a meeting with the Assistive Technology Coordinator to discuss what technology may be of assistance. Hardware and Software orientations will be provided after an assessment has been completed by the Assistive Technology Coordinator. For an appointment and more information, please contact the SSD office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 559-278-2811 for more information.
The following assistive technology is available for student checkout:
- Portable CCTV
- Large Magnifier
- LiveScribe Smartpens
- Personal FM Systems
- Wireless Microphones
- Talking Calculators
- Digital On-Screen Microscope
- Noise Canceling Headsets
- Refreshable Braille Display
- Adaptive Mice (Trackball, Mouse pad, Joy Stick)
- Adaptive Keyboards (Adjustable and High Contrast)
- Video/Web Camera
- Headsets with Microphone
The following software is used to create accessible materials that is only available for the SSD staff:
- ABBYY FineReader
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Tactile Printer
- High-Speed Scanner
- Flatbed Scanner
The Assistive Technology Coordinator is available for one-on-one training on how to use the AT that is provided by the campus.
- An orientation will be schedule with the Assistive Technology Coordinator once you are approved with AT related accommodations such as Alternative Media, Digital Recording, ect.
- Certain AT such as digital recorders will be available for student check out for the semester and other sessions depending on your course schedule.
Due to in-person restrictions because of COVID-19, all communication with the Assistive Technology Coordinator will be through Zoom or through email. Please contact the SSD office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 559-278-2811 for assistance.