Admissions and Recruitment
Be Bold. Be A Bulldog!
Every member of our admissions team, from our director to each campus tour guide, is excited to welcome you to our Bulldog Family. Our dedicated professionals will help guide you through the admissions process.
Fresno State is open to new upper-division transfer and returning applicants for spring 2022. The deadline to apply is August 1 - August 31. For more information about requirements, how to apply, a list of available programs, and deadlines.
Attention New Students:
All incoming students starting in or after Fall 2021 will need to submit proof of immunizations in accordance with CSU Executive Order 803. Click here for more information.
The California State University (CSU) will continue to temporarily suspend the use of ACT/SAT examinations in determining admission eligibility for all CSU campuses for the 2022-2023 academic year. First-time freshmen must meet the following eligibility requirements: a) be a high school graduate or equivalent; b) complete the 15-unit comprehensive “a-g” pattern of college preparatory course; and c) earn a qualifying “a-g” grade point average (GPA) as described below.
Fall 2022 First-Time Freshmen Admission Requirements
Campuses in the California State University (CSU) will be utilizing a Multi-Factor Admissions Score (MFAS) process to evaluate their fall 2022 incoming freshmen class. SAT or ACT tests will not be utilized or considered as part of the admission eligibility review, and will not be used as part of the MFAS score. Self-reported information submitted in the Cal State Apply application will be used to determine eligibility. The MFAS score is a combination of your GPA from “a-g” coursework, and additional supplemental factors, if applicable.
First-Time Freshmen applicants to Fresno State for fall 2022 semester will be evaluated using two criteria: 1) qualified “a-g” college-prep high school coursework including in-progress or planned courses during the 12th grade, and 2) the “a-g” coursework GPA.
Applicants will be considered eligible for admission to Fresno State if they meet one of the following:
- Graduate of a California high school or resident of California who have a-g coursework GPA of 2.5 or above, and have met the minimum “a-g” coursework requirements.
- Non-graduate of a California high school or non-resident of California who have a-g coursework GPA of 3.00 or above, and have met the minimum “a-g” coursework requirements.
If capacity permits, the following supplemental factor will be utilize for Fresno State applicants who fall below the CSU minimum a-g coursework GPA:
For California high school graduates or residents of California earning an “a-g” GPA of 2.00-2.49 and non-California residents with an “a-g” GPA of 2.47-2.99, Fresno State will utilize any additional “a-g” courses taken above the required 30 semester minimum (15- unit comprehensive “a-g” pattern of college preparatory course).
For reference, please see historical impaction tables.
- To view the list of impacted programs for first-time freshman students, click here.
- To view a list of impacted programs for upper-division transfer students, click here.
- To review the minimum CSU requirement for first-time freshmen, click here.
- To review the minimum CSU requirement for upper-division transfers, click here.
- For information about our transfer requirements, please click here.
If you have any questions regarding fall 2021 admission requirements, please contact us at 559.278.2261.
Need help with your Cal State Apply Application?