Cross-Cultural and Gender Center
African American Student Recognition Ceremony (Black Grad)
Black Grad, also known as the African American Graduation Ceremony is the annual ceremony for graduating students of African descent designed to celebrate their academic achievements. This event is typically held on the Saturday of Fresno State's Graduation weekend.Black graduation happens every year in May during commencement season. Black graduation is open to any student that identifies as Black/African American/African/Black Diaspora. Registration is required in order to be a part of the ceremony, to receive graduation regalia, and to have your photo in the program. To register for Spring 2022 Black Grad, please fill out this form: https://bit.ly/BlackGrad22 If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or contact the Cross Cultural and Gender Center at 559.278.4435.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: https://bit.ly/BlackGrad22
WANT TO APPLY FOR THE COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD?
Click here Community Service Award to download the application. Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Achievement Award: Undergraduates who have a 3.00 OVERALL grade point average are recognized for academic achievement. Graduates who have a 3.5 OVERALL grade point average are also recognized for academic achievement
- Highest Academic Achievement Award: Students with the highest grade point average are recognized for academic excellence. This award acknowledges graduates for dedication and commitment to helping make our campus and community a better place.
- Black Faculty and Staff Service Award: The Black Faculty and Staff Service Award honor one staff, faculty member or student who has made outstanding contributions and shown uncommon dedication and commitment to the organization's mission. Click here to nominate someone: Black Faculty and Staff Service Award
We are excited to celebrate the success of African American students at Fresno State!
If you have any questions or would like to arrange for special accommodations, please email email@example.com or call (559) 278-4435.
- Are you thinking about attending graduate school? Deciding whether to attend, searching
for the best program, and the application process can be difficult. The Career Development Center is here to guide you through the process.
- Alumni Association. Your Bulldog Connection. For Life. Be a part of the celebration! Join us at GradFest, a two-day event that is your one-stop-shop for all things graduation. Pick up your Grad Box, take your senior portrait, meet with your college graduate services, and most importantly...celebrate your success because you did it!
- Graduates are encouraged to invite as many family members and friends as they would like.
- Seating is not limited and there is no charge for admission or parking.
- The beginning of the program is time-sensetive, therefore everyone is encouraged to be on time.
- Graduates are required to report to the Save Mart Center at 1:30 p.m.
- Please keep the 1:30 p.m. report time and 3:00 p.m. start time in mind when arranging lunch plans.
*Please note helium balloons are not permitted at the Save Mart Center.
A souvenir program book with pictures of graduates and congratulatory advertisements is produced each year. Families, friends, churches, community organizations, academic departments, community businesses, and others may purchase advertisement space to salute the achievement of graduating students.
Congratulate a friend or get your club or organization to sponsor an advertisement honoring a graduate or all members of the class. The personal advertisement rates are for family and friends. Click here to download the Personal Advertisement Reservation Form, and Business/Campus Advertisement Form.
To purchase, please use this link: Cross Cultural and Gender Center eMarket
Personal Advertisement Rates
(FOR STUDENTS ONLY – CANNOT BE USED FOR BUSINESS)
Full Page (7”x9.5” – vertical only) $ 225.00
Half Page (7”x4.75” – horizontal only) $ 125.00
Quarter Page (3”x5” – vertical only) $ 75.00
Business Card Size (3.5”x2” – horizontal only)$ 55.00
Business Advertisement Rates
Full Page (7”x9.5” – vertical only) $ 375.00
Half Page (7”x4.75” – horizontal only) $ 175.00
Quarter Page (3”x5” – vertical only) $ 125.00
Business Card Size (3.5”x2” – horizontal only)$ 100.00
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for full page cover (inside front or inside back) prices.
For more information contact:
Cross Cultural and Gender Center
The final advertisement copy is due Friday, April 15, 2022
Graduates may not be considered for special awards if forms are submitted after the April 17th, 2020 deadline.
Awards may include the following:
Community Service Award
Click here for application.
Academic Achievement Award
Undergraduates who have a 3.00 OVERALL grade point average are recognized for academic achievement.
Graduates who have a 3.5 OVERALL grade point average are also recognized for academic achievement
Highest Academic Achievement Award
Students with the highest grade point average are recognized for academic excellence
This award acknowledges graduates for dedication and commitment to helping make our campus and community a better place.
Black Faculty and Staff Service Award
The Black Faculty and Staff Service Award honors a staff, faculty member or student who has made outstanding contributions and shown uncommon dedication and commitment to the organization's mission.
The African American Graduation Program will be held at the
Save Mart Center on Saturday, May 21, 2022 from 3:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Graduates must report to the Save Mart Center at 1:30 p.m.!
DUE Dates to Remember:
- Make an appointment for photos ................................ Friday, April 15, 2022
- Advertisements for Booklet...........................................Friday, April 15, 2022
- Commencement Fee .....................................................Friday, April 15, 2022
- Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal...................................To Be Determined, Save Mart Center. (come down the loading dock)
- Graduation Ceremony ....................................................Saturday, May 21, Save Mart Center (students please arrive at 1:30 p.m.)