Educational Opportunity Program and
Special Support Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
We are offering a Virtual Summer Bridge (VSB) online program
From July 11 - 22, Monday - Friday.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- VSB is a virtual online program designed to help you with the transition to Fresno State and prepare you for your first semester.
- Transfer Students
- June 20 - July 1, 2022 (Monday-Friday).
- Orientation will be held on June 20, 2022 to provide more detailed information. Check your Fresno State email for information regarding the program and orientation.
- Freshman Students
- July 11 - July 22, 2022 (Monday-Friday).
- An orientation video will be provided prior to the start of the program to share more detailed information. Check your Fresno State email for information regarding the program and orientation.
- Zoom sessions will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10:30am to 12noon (check your CANVAS for the links to join the Zoom sessions).
- All other program activities are “self-paced” giving you the flexibility to complete on your own time.
- Details will be provided during Orientation.
- No, it is free.
- Learn and/or expand your knowledge of CANVAS: An Online Course Management Tool.
- Connect with new incoming peers virtually.
- Connect and build a network with your EOP counselor and other professionals at Fresno State.
- Experience the demands of college and learn to set priorities.
- Increase your knowledge of the many support services we offer students.
- Select appropriate courses for fall 2022 and beyond.
- Review and finalize your financial aid award.
- Help relieve anxiety about transitioning to a new environment.
- Yes, if you are required. This was indicated in the EOP admission letter you received.
- All other students are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Contact your EOP Counselor. If you are unsure who is your assigned EOP counselor, email email@example.com.
- No. It is a virtual program and everything is completed online.
- Yes, your EOP counselor will be available primarily on Tuesdays and Thursdays to meet with you via Zoom, in-person, or phone for advising appointments. You will receive an email from your EOP counselor with their contact information. You can schedule an appointment by contacting your EOP counselor directly.
- You can meet with your EOP counselor prior to or after the VSB program. You can email your EOP counselor to schedule an appointment.
- It is a University requirement that you attend Dog Days. Do not miss your Dog Days session. Recordings of the VSB Zoom sessions will be available on CANVAS for you to view.