Dream Success Center
Resources, Services & Student Support
At the Dream Success Center, we want to provide the tools and guidance to help you succeed academically and reach your goal for graduate and foster a sense of belonging.
Find important information on the services the Dream Center provides as well as other resources on campus to help you succeed in the new academic year.
In collaboration with Dog Days New Student Orientation we provide orientation workshops for Dreamers during their scheduled Dog Days orientation as new first time Freshmen or new Transfer students. We also offer a summer seminar and Connect Day event to assist all our new students.
We cover important information about:
- Dream Success Center services
- Getting involved on and off campus
- Guidance on financial aid process through the CA Dream Act
We also offer one-on-one appointments/guidance for Fresno State applicants on:
- AB540/Residency requirements
- understanding the CA Dream Act for financial aid
Through our academic advising support we have staff dedicated to take appointments with students for one-one-one advising. We offer academic advising on:
- General Education
- Understanding your Degree Progress Report (DPR)
- Making sense of academic and financial aid policies to make informed decisions regarding academics
- Provide tools and referrals for academic success
Through our one-on-one appointments and/or workshops, we provide financial aid guidance to help students make sense of financial aid opportunities for Dreamers via the CA Dream Act Application. In collaboration and close connection with the CA Student Aid Commission and Fresno State's Financial Aid office we assist students:
- to understand financial aid options
- how to read financial aid awards
- guidance on scholarships including the Fresno State Scholarship
Immigration legal services are available to CSU students, employees and their families. We work with Immigrant Legal Defense (ILD) a non-profit agency assigned to serve our Fresno State community.
We also offer legal briefings/presentations including Know Your Rights presentations so that students can stay up to date on important immigration news and policies that can impact their lives.
The Dreamers Success Workshops are designed to address a variety of topics of interest to our Dreamer students, including:
- academic topics
- financial aid and scholarships
- graduate school
- student development
- health and wellness: emotional support
- life after college: career options for Dreamers
- networking and building community
- social events with our students
Join us for our workshop series this semester from 3:30-4:30pm at the Resnick Student Union (RSU)! Fall 2023 Workshops Flyer
August 23, 2023 RSU # 206
September 20, 2023 RSU #206
October 18, 2023 RSU #206
November 15, 2023 RSU #214
December 6, 2023 RSU #214