TRIO Student Support Services - Disabilities
TRIO Student Support Services - Disabilities (SSS-D) at Fresno State is a college retention and undergraduate program that helps students with disabilities develop academic, professional, and personal skills necessary to successfully pursue and complete a college degree.
Our program is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education that services undergraduate college students who demonstrate academic need and either have a documented disability, are low-income, and/or are first-generation students.
Step 1: Make sure you meet all eligibility criteria by visiting the Eligibility page.
Step 2: Obtain an application by contacting us or visiting our office at Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) located in the University Library, Room 1202.
Step 3: Submit your completed application with supporting documentation in-person.
- Within page 5 of the application, please submit:
- Unofficial transcripts, if any, including Fresno State.
- A brief personal statement that is no longer than one page stating why you are applying for TRIO SSS-D. Please make sure to comment on your expectations, the benefits you hope to receive, and what commitment(s) you are willing to make
- Proof of income. Please refer to "Family Income Status" on the application to see what you will need to submit.
Step 4: Successful applicants will be notified via email for an intake interview.
Our program is funded to work with 110 students each year. Priority will be given to students who:
- Have a disability, require educational accommodations, and are MOTIVATED to make full use of TRIO SSS-D services to become a successful Fresno State graduate.
- Identify as both low-income and first-generation college students.
- Identify as either low income-eligible or first-generation college students.
- Are alumni of other TRIO programs (Upward Bound, Talent Search, Educational Opportunity Center, and Student Support Services).
Follow TRIO SSS-D by clicking on the links below: