TRIO Student Support Services - Disabilities
TRIO Student Support Services - Disabilities (SSS-D) at Fresno State is a college retention and undergraduate program that helps students with disabilities develop academic, professional, and personal skills necessary to successfully pursue and complete a college degree.
Our program is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education that services undergraduate college students who demonstrate academic need and either have a documented disability, are low-income, and/or are first-generation students.
Step 1: Make sure you meet all eligibility criteria by visiting the Eligibility page.
Step 2: Obtain a TRIO SSS-D application by contacting us, visiting our office at Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) located in the University Library, Room 1202, or by clicking here.
Step 3: Submit your completed application with supporting documentation in-person.
- On page 5 of the application, please submit:
- Your Unofficial Fresno State transcript.
- A one-page personal statement stating why you are applying for TRIO SSS-D. Please make sure to comment on your expectations, the benefits you hope to receive, and what commitment(s) you are willing to make.
- Proof of income. Please refer to page 3 of the application to see what you will need to submit.
Step 4: Successful applicants will be notified via email for an intake interview.
Our program is funded to work with 110 students each year. Priority will be given to students who:
- Have a disability, require educational accommodations, and are MOTIVATED to make full use of TRIO SSS-D services to become a successful Fresno State graduate.
- Identify as both low-income and first-generation college students.
- Identify as either low income-eligible or first-generation college students.
- Are alumni of other TRIO programs (Upward Bound, Talent Search, Educational Opportunity Center, and Student Support Services).
Follow TRIO SSS-D by clicking on the links below: