Student Health and Counseling Center
If you or someone you know is in a crisis situation, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1.800.273.TALK(8255).
Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for college students between the ages of 18 and 24, but it is preventable. We offer Question, Persuade and Refer (QPR) training to help you recognize and respond to the warning signs of suicide. By attending a QPR training, you will learn:
- Common misconceptions about suicide
- Warning signs and risk factors
- How to talk about suicide (Question)
- How to persuade someone to get help (Persuade), and
- How to refer a person to appropriate campus and community resources (Refer).
This training is open to current Fresno State students, staff and faculty only. For community training, please visit www.fresnocares.org.
If you would like to request a QPR Training for your classroom or office, visit our request a presentation webpage or contact Georgianna Negron-Long at 559.278.6712 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these presentations are currently being offered primarily via Zoom.
Ask a question. Save a life.