Student Health and Counseling Center
Help Build a Healthier Fresno State.
To learn more about opportunities to get involved and how to apply, click the links below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @FSHealthCenter where we'll share more ways to get involved.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Melissa Norris at email@example.com.
The Peer Ambassadors of Wellness (PAW) program is responsible for promoting the health and well-being of our Fresno State students.
- Develop and implement activities and campaigns on a variety of topics, including: stress, anxiety, depression, nutrition, physical activity, food security and basic needs.
- Engage in conversations around health and wellness through the PAWdcast
- Serve as coaches and mentors to individuals participating in our 360 Wellness Challenge.
- Make a one-year commitment serving an average of 3-5 hours weekly throughout the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters.
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings (1 hour) every Monday at 12:00 p.m.
All volunteers must maintain a 2.0 minimum semester GPA throughout the application process and throughout the 2022-23 academic year.
We will begin recruiting for the 2022-23 academic year in February 2022.
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is responsible for representing student voice in issues related to health and wellness.
- Provide recommendations to administration regarding the operations and services of the Student Health and Counseling Center (including Counseling, Medical and Wellness Services)
- Assess campus climate and represent student voice on issues related to health and wellness
- Serve alongside university staff, faculty and administration
- Make a one-year commitment serving 3-5 hours monthly
- Attend monthly meetings and support special project initiatives
All volunteers must maintain a 2.0 minimum semester GPA throughout the application process and 2020-21 academic year. Previous leadership or advocacy experience is preferred.
Recruitment for the 2021-22 PAW team has concluded. We will begin recruiting for the 2022-23 academic year in February 2022.