Admissions and Recruitment
Spring 2023 Undergraduate Admissions Announcement
Fresno State is open for spring 2023 admission to upper-division transfer and returning students (previously attended Fresno State). The deadline to apply is August 1 - August 31.Learn more information about requirements, how to apply and list of available programs and deadlines
Fresno State is committed to our region and gives priority to our local applicants. Non-local applicants must anticipate meeting higher admission standards.
The application filing period is August 1 – August 31, 2022. Students can apply online at https://www.calstate.edu/apply. Official electronic transcripts from all institutions attended, Joint Service Transcripts (JST), and official AP or IB test scores, if applicable, must be received by the Admissions and Recruitment Office by Thursday, September 15, 2022.
Fresno State will not be open to first-time freshman, lower-division transfer, or second baccalaureate applicants.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1084, students seeking a second baccalaureate degree will only be considered for nursing majors.
- Fresno State is only open to new upper-division transfer students and returning students.
- All upper-division transfer requirements must be met by the end of summer 2022 in order for your application to be considered. No courses taken in the fall will be considered to satisfy admissions requirements for spring 2023.
- Due to impaction, the GPA requirement will not be determined until after the application filing period ends. It will be based on the number of applications received the competitiveness of the pool and the number of enrollment spaces available.
- Applicants must meet program GPA thresholds with all transferable grades through summer 2022.
- If students are earning an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), the ADT must be posted on the official transcript. Official transcripts must be submitted to our office by September 15, 2022 in order to receive the 0.1 GPA bump for ADT similar/matching major at Fresno State.
- No late applications will be accepted after August 31, 2022.
Need help, request an appointment with a counselor
The application filing period is August 1 – November 1, 2022*
Fresno State will accept applications from new and returning applicants in the
- Credential Applicants
- Advanced Certificates
*This date is subject to change. Some majors stop accepting applications before and after the November 1 deadline. Please view Open Majors at Division of Research and Graduate Studies to see open program dates. Please contact the Kremen School of Education and Human Development for credential program dates.
Questions may be addressed to Graduate Admissions at 559.278.4073