Admissions and Recruitment
Important Announcement Regarding Fall 2021
For fall 2021, Fresno State will admit undergraduate applicants who meet the minimum CSU requirements and have GPA of 2.00 in all majors except for the ones that were impacted in fall 2020.
- To view the list of fall 2020 impacted programs for first-time freshman students, click here.
- To view a list of fall 2020 impacted programs for upper-division transfer students, click here.
- To review the minimum CSU requirement for first-time freshmen, click here.
- To review the minimum CSU requirement for upper-division transfers, click here.
Transfer applicants who are non-California resident must have a GPA of 2.40 or above
If you have any questions regarding fall 2021 admission requirements, please contact us at 559.278.2261.
- Earn Enough Units to Reach Junior Standing (upper division transfer)
Complete 60 or more transferable semester units or 90 or more quarter units. No college freshmen, sophomores, or applicants seeking a second bachelor’s degree (except for those entering the nursing program) will be admitted. To learn more about transfer planning, including courses that are accepted at Fresno State from other colleges and universities, view our articulation information.
- Complete 30-semester units (45 quarter units) of general education including foundation (Golden 4) courses
Complete your four basic foundations (Golden 4) courses as early as possible. The four foundation (Golden 4) courses and 60 transferable semester units (90 quarter units) must be completed by the end of the spring term for fall and by the end of summer term for spring to be eligible for admission (students must check in June-July to see if we will be open for spring). You must earn a “C-” or higher grade in each foundation (Golden 4) course. You will not be allowed to register until we have received an official transcript showing that you have passed the four foundation (Golden 4) courses.
|A1||One course in oral communication|
|A2||One course in written composition|
|A3||One course in critical thinking|
|B4||One course in college-level mathematics or quantitative reasoning, with intermediate algebra as a prerequisite|
Note: Out-of-state students are required to meet all of the course requirements listed
- Have an overall college GPA of at least 2.00; your GPA is calculated using all your
transfer units attempted.
- Be in good standing at the last college or university that you attended.
Admission to Fresno State is competitive in all majors because Fresno State continues to have more qualified applicants than can be accommodated by state funding. This situation is called "impaction' and it means that meeting the minimum CSU minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission to Fresno State. To learn more about the Admissions Selection Process, visit our Transfer Impaction Information.
*Transfer students can view a current list of matching/similar Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) majors here