Student Support Services Veterans
To QUALIFY for the Student Support Services Veterans:
- You must be a U.S. citizen (or in the process) or a legal resident.
- One or more of the following must apply to you:
- You are from a low income family (See guidelines below) OR
- You are first generation college student (Your parents did not graduate from a four-year college) OR
- You have a physical or learning disability.
Federal TRIO Programs Current-Year Low-Income Levels
(Effective January 15, 2020, Until Further Notice)
|Size of Family Unit||48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Outlying Jurisdictions||Alaska||Hawaii|
For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,720 for the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia and outlying jurisdictions; $8,400 for Alaska; and $7,725 for Hawaii.
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
The figures shown under family income represent amounts equal to 150 percent of the family income levels established by the Census Bureau for determining poverty status. The 2020 poverty guidelines are in effect as of January 15, 2020. Federal Register notice was published January 17, 2020.