Tutoring allows students to set the agenda and move at their own pace within an inclusive and collaborative learning space. In other words, Fresno State's Tutoring program allows students to study efficiently, effectively and feel great about it along the way.
Our Tutors are on standby ready to support students through their academic journey. There's room at the table, can't wait to see you there!Tutoring Schedule
Follow us on social media to stay up to date. Twitter: @fslc_tutoring | Instagram: @fslearning_tutoringFollow Us on Instagram
Tutor Google Sites
Tutors have compiled resources that will help you with the courses they cover. Go to http://bit.ly/tutorlibrary to get access to content tutors feel will help you along your learning journey. Tutors will often encourage a live experience over a digital one when they post because the dynamics of learning are not fixed.
Tutoring Appointments and Policies
Appointments are available for all tutoring subjects. The in-person/online mode and the number of available appointments vary by subject. Communication and Writing tutors offer appointments in-person or online. All other tutoring subjects offer appointments online only. There are 2 ways to schedule an appointment:
- Schedule an appointment yourself. You can view appointment times 24/7 and schedule a 30-minute appointment up to 1
hour in advance. If you’re looking for a specific tutor, find their appointment link
on the tutoring schedule, which has the tutor’s name and subject. Examples: bit.ly/appt-biol-melina, bit.ly/appt-business-cristian.
Otherwise, log in to Bulldog Connect with your Fresno State username and password.
- Schedule an appointment with the front desk. Open Monday-Thursday 8-6 and Friday 8-5, the front desk can find appointment times and schedule 30-minute or 60-minute appointments, including an immediate appointment if a tutor is available. The front desk can also assist you if you are having trouble self-scheduling or joining your online appointment. Visit the front desk at the lower level of the library, or call 559-278-3052.
- When the appointment is scheduled, you will get an email confirmation with instructions, including a Zoom link if you have an online appointment. You will receive another email confirmation 24 hours before your appointment.
- For in-person appointments, go to the front desk to be checked in.
- For online appointments, go to the Zoom link provided in your email confirmation and wait to be admitted from the waiting room.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, visit or call the front desk.
- If you will be running late, visit or call the front desk.
- If you need to borrow a device, you may check one out at Tech Lending near the library entrance.
- If you have an online appointment and experience technical difficulties, call the front desk.
- you have not arrived at the front desk (in-person appointments) or your tutor’s Zoom waiting room (online appointments), and
- you have not called the front desk ahead of time
Additional Tutoring on Campus
In addition to Tutoring provided by the Learning Center, Fresno State students can use other resources on campus.Connect with Campus Wide Tutoring
We do not refer students to Learning Center tutors for private tutoring. We also do not collect information from students or community members for the purpose of referring students to Learning Center tutors for private tutoring. However, there are free tutoring options offered by various school districts, as well as private tutoring businesses in the area.Learn of Community Support Options
Get a sneak peak of a select few Tutor training topics.Behind the Scenes