Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Office of the University Registrar

Record Adjustment Petition

The university recognizes that on rare occasions students will experience exceptional situations that prohibit them from completing some procedures in a timely manner. A student may petition for a record adjustment if a documented hardship occurred during the term for which the adjustment is requested, or in instances where the student will suffer significant academic hardship if the request is not granted.

A Record Adjustment Petition must be filed within a maximum of six years from the last day of instruction of the term being petitioned.  No changes will be made to a student’s record once a degree has been granted.

Please see the forms for additional details and filing instructions. The Record Adjustment Petition Committee meets every other week on Tuesday afternoons.  For questions or inquiries regarding your petition status, please contact the Registrar's Office at 559-278-4743.

Student Information Updates

If you are a current student at Fresno State and you need to update your legal name, social security number, gender, or date of birth, please follow the process outlined below:

  • If you have access to your student center, use this link to update your student information. Once you click on the link, you will be routed to sign into your Fresno State account. You will need to upload the required documentation. Your documents and information will automatically be routed to our office.
  • If you have NOT created a Fresno State account and need to update your information fill out, the Student Information Update Form. The form is sent automatically via Adobe Sign. You will need to upload the required documentation and attach it to your form. You do not need to print or scan a copy to send to us. The form is automatically routed to our office. 

If you wish to update your contact information, such as phone, email, or address, you can do so by logging into your My Fresno State Student Portal.

If you are wanting to change your preferred name, log in to your student center. Preferred names can only be changed to your first name. For more information click here.

Please Note: Processing time is 2-3 business days

For questions on updating your official student information, contact the Records Office at 559-278-4743.

For More Information Contact Us