Clubs and Organizations
Student organizations offer an array of experiences and opportunities to build lifelong relationships. Explore our diverse community of 300+ active student organizations on Fresno State ENGAGE!
Join a Club
- Meet other students and network with faculty, advisors and alumni with common interests, values or fields of study
- Connect more in-depth with your major and enhance scholastic development
- Define and shape your career goals while developing leadership and professional skills
Start a Club
Manage a Club
Student organization officers and advisors are responsible for leading their membership as well as maintaining good standing with the University by completing the following:
- Submit re-registration materials for the academic year by the fourth week of the fall semester.
- Enter into the booth lottery help the week before finals. (Optional)
- Any time there are changes to officers and advisors, update the information on file with Student Involvement.
Club Banking Accounts
- account security
- balance inquiries
- funding for on campus events
- grants for new student organizations
- on-campus customer service and assistance with paperwork
- reimbursements and deposits
Contact ASI or visit their website for additional information: fresnostateasi.org • 559.278.2656
On-Campus Banking Policy
At no time shall a Student Organization deposit funds into an unauthorized bank account. Any exemptions to this requirement must be approved by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the University.
Exemption to the Policy
Student organizations that meet the following criteria are eligible to request an exemption to the on-campus banking policy.
- federally registered 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(7)-type organizations
- registered unincorporated/incorporated nonprofit associations with the State of California
Contact Student Involvement to request an exemption or for additional information: 559.278.2741 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Tax ID numbers and nonprofit status are issued independently from the IRS and applications are available on their website. Fresno State and ASI’s tax ID information may not be used for student organizations.
For promotional efforts, student organizations may:
- Utilize the outdoor public posting kiosks
- Pass out handbills in the area immediately outside the University Student Union (USU)
- Use h-frames or wooden stakes in flower beds or near trees (not grass areas) for all areas but the Peace Garden.
- Post on unrestricted bulletin and display boards. If a contact or office is identified on the board, permission is required from them prior to posting.
- Chalk on campus with permission– contact Student Involvement for assistance.
- Hang banners on the USU Balcony overlooking the Pit (USU South Patio) with permission from the USU Reservation Center.
Student organizations may not place handbills or promotional items on cars in campus parking lots or use a-frame signs.