Office of the University Registrar
Baccalaureate (bachelor) degrees are not automatically granted when students complete degree requirements. You must officially apply for graduation the semester you will be completing all degree requirements. Failure to apply before the final deadline will delay the granting of the degree.
Degrees are not awarded to students with I (incomplete) or RD (report delayed) grades remaining on their records. Students receiving incomplete grades during the final year that have not been completed (or changed to F or IC grades) by the appropriate clearance deadline, will not be considered for graduation that semester and must reapply for the degree.
Honors at the time of graduation from the university are awarded to undergraduate students based on the following criteria:
Students must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.5 on all work attempted.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on all work taken at the university.
The grade point average earned at Fresno State determines which honors the student receives:
Summa Cum Laude (highest honors) 3.90 to 4.00
Magna Cum Laude (high honors) 3.70 to 3.89
Cum Laude (honors) 3.50 to 3.69
Since the requirement for honors could change, students are requested to check the current General Catalog for the criteria in effect at the time of graduation.
In order to be eligible for graduation, students must:
- Submit a graduation application and pay the fee.
- Have completed all courses required for the degree with a minimum 2.0 major, campus, and cumulative GPA.
- Have filed official transcripts for all coursework attempted prior to graduation.
How to Apply:
- Apply for graduation during the filing period through your Student Center
- Click on Apply for Undergraduate Degree.
- The graduation application fee must be made before the application can be submitted.
- File your application as early as possible to receive a timely response. Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email regarding your degree application status.
- Students graduating with a baccalaureate degree and intending to continue as a post-baccalaureate student at Fresno State (e.g. Graduate, Credential, etc.) must reapply for admission to the university via Cal State Apply and pay the non-refundable application fee.
|PLANNED GRADUATION DATE||APPLICATION FILING PERIOD||**DEADLINE TO CLEAR DEGREE||COMPLETE ALL COURSEWORK BY GRADUATION DATE|
|Fall 2023||August 21 - September 18, 2023||January 5, 2024||December 22, 2023|
|Spring 2024||January 18 - February 14, 2024||June 7, 2024||May 17, 2024|
*A late fee of $10 will be assessed for all applications submitted after the deadline. Deadlines subject to change without notice. For more information please email us at email@example.com.
**Deadline for submission of all applicable grades & department clearances