Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
What is the FSEOG Grant?
FSEOG is an undergraduate award to students with exceptional financial need. Federal Pell Grant recipients receive priority for these awards. The FSEOG awards can range from $100 to $4,000 a year but each school can establish it's own guidelines within these ranges. At Fresno State we award $986 per year to each qualified applicant until funding is expended.
What is the difference between a Pell Grant and an FSEOG Grant?
- Unlike Pell Grants, the amount of FSEOGs you receive depends not only on your financial need but, also, on the amount of other aid you get and the availability of funds at your school.
- Receiving other aid might reduce the amount of your FSEOG award.
- Not all schools participate in the FSEOG program.
- The school's financial aid office decides how to award these funds.
- Each school participating in FSEOG receives a certain amount of FSEOG funds each year from the U.S. Department of Education. When all of those funds have been disbursed for that award year, additional FSEOG awards cannot be made for that year.