Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Did you know that the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office awards over $250 million to 80% of our students?
The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office here at Fresno State is happy to help you navigate the financial aspects of your college career! Help us help you by checking your Fresno State email and student portal regularly - it's primarily how we will get in touch with you regarding your financial aid. To stay in the know on the latest financial aid topics, like and follow our Facebook page below!
With the safety of everyone in mind, we have moved to a primarily virtual setting and are serving you like never before!
- You can see us in person in the North Lobby of the Joyal Administration Building during regular business hours 8am-5pm.
- Call us at 559.278.2182 for answers to your questions! If we aren't able to help you on the spot, we can make a phone appointment at a time that is convenient for you to speak with a counselor!
- You can also make an appointment with a counselor on your own. Click here to schedule an appointment with a financial aid counselor.
- Walk in Wednesdays are back! Stop by the Joyal Administration North Lobby any Wednesday from 8:30am-11:30am or 1:00pm-4:30pm to meet with a counselor in person, no appointment needed.
- Chat with us from our webpage! You'll see a little box appear at the bottom of your screen where we will be available to chat or take a message.
- Send us an email at email@example.com but remember, we cannot accept documents to this email.
How can you submit documents?
- Email attachments to our fax by sending your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax documents to 559.278.4833
- Submit appropriate documents electronically through our Student Forms portal. You will be directed to this portal through To Do items on your Student Center.
- Mail documents to our office (not advised, as this is the slowest way to get documents to us!)
Fresno State offers emergency grants for CSU students experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds have been made available through the the U.S. Department of Education's Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) .
The CARES Grants were disbursed to students during the Spring 2020 term. The HEERF II Grants were disbursed in Spring 2021 term and HEERF III funds will be disbursed in both Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
The CSU Cares Program offered emergency grants for Undocumented and International CSU students experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These students did not qualify for funds available through the the U.S. Department of Education's Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II). These grants are funds allocated through the CSU. Undocumented and International student can be eligible for HEERF III funds so there will not be a separate program.
Both the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) opened on October 1, 2022. You'll be able to find them at the respective link below:
- The 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The 2022-2023 California Dream Act Application
The priority filing deadline is March 2, 2023. Keep an eye out for dates where we will be hosting Financial Aid Application Workshops!
What you'll need for the 2023-2024 application:
- Your FSA ID (For the FAFSA - Not sure? Go to FSAID.ed.gov to get it)
- Your social security number (For the FAFSA)
- 2021 Federal tax information, W-2s, and other records of money earned
- 2021 untaxed income information
- Current bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- If you are a dependent student (meaning your parents' information must be reported as well) you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
NOTE: If you are completing your 2022-2023 financial aid application, you will use income information from 2020.
Awesome, nice work!
For 2023-2024: We will begin loading the financial aid applications early 2023. You may start to see financial aid To Do items on your Student Center as early as March 2023.
NEW: We have a new Student Forms portal where you can complete, sign and upload most documents electronically. You'll be directed to create an account from your To Do item in your my.FresnoState Student Center. For more information and helpful tutorials, click here.
Financial Aid awards can be made up of any combination of Grants, Scholarships, Loans, and/or Work Study.
Normally awards are split between the fall and spring semester, but there are instances when they can be for a single semester only. Summer is awarded separately. Log in to your Student Center and click "View Financial Aid" to see how your awards are broken down.
Your financial aid is disbursed no earlier than 10 days prior to the start of classes.
Depending on the awards, it will first pay what you owe the university for the semester,
and if there is a remaining balance, a refund will be issued to you. Make sure to select your refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements from your
my.FresnoState account if you're expecting a refund! For more information, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoicessso/.
Disbursements are happening twice a week on Wednesday and Friday during the first half of the semester and then will happen at the end of each week for the last half of the semester.
If you aren't doing well in school, or you've taken more credits than are needed to graduate, you could lose financial aid eligibility. Click to see what you need to do to remain eligible!
Should you find that you are not meeting the SAP criteria, you will be given a "warning" for the upcoming semester. This will give you the opportunity to get back in good standing with the SAP Policy. If you don't meet the SAP requirements after this warning semester, you'll be ineligible for federal aid. An appeal process is available should this occur! Please contact our office for more information or see our SAP policy!
Fresno State Quick Contacts
Accounting and Cashier's Services
Contact Accounting and Cashier's Services at (559)278-2876
Registration and Records
Contact the Office of the Registrar at (559)278-4743
Contact Admissions at (559)278-2261
Contact Academic Advising at (559)278-1787.
FAFSA School Code: 001147
Phones are turned off at 4:30 pm.
P: (559) 278-2182
F: (559) 278-4833
Financial Aid Office
5150 North Maple Ave
Fresno, CA 93740