Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

Financial Aid Forms for the 2021-2022 Academic Year

Some 2021-2022 To Do items will direct you to our new Student Forms portal. For more information on how to access the Student Forms portal, please click here for information, tutorials and FAQs.

Other 2021-2022 Forms will be available as listed below. Please continue to monitor your student center for To Do items that may require a form.

Information Resources

Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022

  • Make sure that you are completing the correct academic year documents; we cannot accept forms for different academic years, so if we are requesting a 2021-2022 form, make sure that you are submitting the 2021-2022 version of that form.
  • Make sure documents are completed entirely; if something does not apply do not leave it blank - enter N/A or "0".
  • Complete all documents in black or dark blue ink; any other color will not show up when we scan the document into our imaging system, which can delay the review of your file.
  • Make sure all necessary signatures are there; missing signatures can delay the review of your file.
  • If the form is requesting additional attachments, make sure to include them; if additional documents should be attached to the form and they are not, it can delay your file from being processed.
  • Make sure your name and ID number are on the top of every page; every form requests this information but please make sure to include your name and ID number on the top of every document, including income and tax documents.

  • Through the Student Forms Portal; If your documents are completed through the Student Forms portal, the fastest way for review is to submit them through the portal itself.
  • By e-mail: E-mail attachments to; Please note that documents should be 1MB or smaller.
  • By fax; Our fax number is 559-278-4833.
  • By mail; Mail to Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, 5150 North Maple Ave. M/S JA64, Fresno, CA 93740
  • (With the rapid changes of COVID-19, documents are not being accepted in person) In person; we are located in the North Lobby of the Joyal Administration Building, please see our Contact Us page for current business hours.
    • Dropbox; we have a drop box located in front of Window 1 where you are able to submit your documents without waiting for a staff member.

2021-2022 Forms on our Student Forms Portal:

The Student Forms Portal can be found at and the following processes (along with their respecitve forms) are handled through this portal.

Students selected for the Verification process will need to complete their required tasks on our Student Forms Portal before we are able to award/disburse financial aid. 

If you need to submit Verification Documents, you will have a To Do item on your Student Center that directs you to our Student Forms Portal.

Students that are not meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements as outlined in our SAP Policy are able to appeal their SAP Status through our Student Forms Portal.

If you are not meeting the SAP requirements, you will have a SAP To Do item on your Student Center that directs you to our Student Forms Portal.

The Higher Education Act allows student financial aid administrators to address unusual circumstances utilizing professional judgment. If you or your family’s financial situation has significantly changed from 2019 (the tax year used on your 2021-2022 aid application), you may request a re-evaluation of your aid eligibility using more current information. The change may result in a revision of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which in some cases may increase your financial aid eligibility.  Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that each review will produce a specific, desired outcome. 


  • For Fall only: December 3, 2021
  • For Fall and Spring or Spring only: April 8, 2022
  • For dependency status changes due to marital status: February 25, 2022

To initiate a Professional Judgement (PJ) Appeal:

  • The student will need to schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid and Scholarship’s Counselor
  • After the counselor appointment, if the circumstances appear to warrant an adjustment, the student will be directed to our Student Forms portal to submit their appeal electronically.

What is needed:

To submit an appeal you will need to provide:

  • Detailed statement describing your special circumstances
  • Documentation supporting your circumstances. Submitting as much detailed documentation as possible reduces the need for additional follow up. 

NOTE: If you were selected for verification, those documents must be submitted and the process complete, before a PJ appeal can be processed.

Any professional judgement decisions made by Fresno State staff members are final and cannot be appealed to the U.S. Department of Education (ED)

Changes in circumstance which could qualify for review, but are not limited to:

  • Layoff/Unemployment
  • Disability
  • Retirement
  • Death
  • Divorce/Separation
  • Out of pocket medical costs not covered by insurance from between January and December of the prior calendar year. Expenses must not exceed medical expenses as allowed by financial aid regulations.
  • Change in the number of family members in the household whom you or your parents provide more than 50% support.

Please note that if it is determined that granting a professional judgement request will not make a change or will negatively impact the student it will be denied and no changes will be made.

The PJ Appeal is previoulsy known as the Projected Year Petition (PYP).

 This is an appeal form for review to become independent on the FAFSA or California Dream Act Application based on unusual circumstances in regards to the student's relationship with parent(s).

Unusual circumstances include, but are not limited to:

  • Abandonment by parents
  • An abusive family environment that threatens the student’s health or safety
  • The student is unable to locate his parents

Circumstances that do not qualify include:

  • Parents refusal to contribute to the student’s education
  • Parents unwillingness to provide information on the application or information needed for verification
  • Parents not claiming the student as a dependent for income tax purposes
  • Student demonstrates total self sufficiency 

Students who indicate a special circumstance on their financial aid application will have a Dependency Override Appeal To Do item on their Student Center which provides instruction for how to move forward.

If you do not have the Dependency Override To Do item, but you feel your situation warrants a dependency override appeal, please contact our office to set up an appointment to meet with a counselor.


2021-2022 Forms:


The 2022 Summer Interest Form is now closed. If you have questions regarding your summer financial aid, contact our office. 

 You may be eligible for Summer 2022 federal financial aid. 

To be considered:

  • Be enrolled in eligible Summer 2022 courses
  • Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA, if you have not done so already
  • Complete the 2022 Summer Interest Form.
  • In most cases, you will need to be at least half-time to be eligible for summer aid.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  If you are enrolled in any intersession or summer courses, regardless of if you attend/complete the courses, your fall financial aid will be delayed. We must run the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) process for students that had enrolled in intersession and/or summer courses once grades are official for summer to ensure that students are maintaining their eligibility for fall financial aid. Final summer grades are not usually due until August, regardless of when the course ended. Please check the University Registrar's website for when grades are due each semester, as they are not made official until after this date. Fall financial aid may not disburse prior to classes starting for the fall semester but should be disbursed within the first two weeks of the semester.

A Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant is different from other federal student grants because it requires you agree to complete a teaching service obligation as a condition for receiving the grant, and if you don't complete the service obligation, the TEACH Grant will be converted to a loan that you must repay, with interest.

For more information about the TEACH Grant, please click here.

Click here to complete the TEACH Grant Request Form.

To have your subsidized or unsubsidized loan adjusted, please complete this form.

Click here to complete the Loan Adjustment Form.

To have your Parent PLUS Loan adjusted, please have your parent borrower complete this form.

Click here to complete the Parent PLUS Loan Adjustment Form.

If you are a graduate student, you may apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan to help cover the costs of your education. After you have applied for the Graduate PLUS loan at and have been approved, you must submit the Graduate PLUS Loan Request Form to our office in order for the loan to be processed. In order to be eligible, you do need to be in at least 6 units.

Click here to complete the Graduate PLUS Loan Request Form

To have your Graduate PLUS Loan adjusted, please complete this form.

Click here to complete the Graduate PLUS Loan Adjustment Request Form.

After you or your parent have applied for and been approved for a private loan through your chosen lender, you must submit a Private Loan Request Form to our office in order for the loan to be processed.

Click here to complete the Private Loan Request Form.

To have your private loan adjusted, please complete this form.

Click here to complete the Private Loan Adjustment Request Form

If you need to submit a statement to our office, you may use this form.

Click here to complete the Student Statement Form.

If you need to submit a Parent Statement to our office, you may use this form.

Click here to complete the Parent Statement Form.